This morning I finally found five minutes and looked into a problem with Visual Studio 2013 that I have had for a while, and that is when running in conjunction with IIS, if you don't start it and do 'Run as Administrator' then it wouldn't work as expected.
Please see the steps below:
- In Windows 8, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE", right click on "devenv.exe" and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".
- Select the "Troubleshoot Program" option.
- Check "The program requires additional permissions" option.
- Click "Next", click "Test the program"
- Wait for the program to launch.
- Click "Next".
- Select "Yes, save these settings for this program" click "Close".
Let me know if this did or didn't work for you.